Having a beautiful body is not only about shedding weight. It’s also about having a well sculpted and aesthetically contoured body. Thanks to liposuction, you can get that perfect dream body with ease. Before you decide to go for liposuction here’s a comprehensive list of all the facts that you should know about the procedure.
Everything you need to know about liposuction:
It is a cosmetic procedure:
Liposuction is essentially a cosmetic surgery that removes fat up to a limited amount only. Though it is a medical procedure, it cannot serve as a substitute for a drastic weight loss regime. It’s only meant to remove fat cells from places where exercise and diet fail to show any results. The standard amount of fat that can be removed in one sitting is almost 5 kilograms, but this limit can be increased depending on your Body Mass Index (BMI). The higher the BMI the more fat can be removed.
Parts of the body that are ideal for liposuction:
Liposuction is performed on the abdomen, chest, buttocks, back, upper arms, thighs, and calves. This surgery is mostly recommended for areas that have a lot of mass or are comparatively more fibrous.
It is an out-patient surgery. You can return home on the same day the procedure is conducted. The surgery will last for 1 to 4 hours depending on the amount of fat to be removed. You can get back to all your normal activities within 2 weeks.
Types of procedures:
- The most common technique is tumescent liposuction. In this procedure, incisions are made on the body part from which fat has to be removed. Through the cuts, a saline solution is sent in with the help of a tube called a cannula to ease the process. Then a surgical vacuum or syringe is attached to the tube to literally suck out the fat cells.
- Dry liposuction: this procedure is almost the same as above except for the fact that no liquid is injected, which can lead to more scarring.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction: ultrasound melts down the fat for easily.
- Power-assisted liposuction: mechanized equipment melts down the fat by causing friction as it moves back and forth rapidly in the incisions.
- Treats lymphedema – a condition where the lymph fluid starts accumulating in the arms and legs. Liposuction removes excessive lymph fluid and reduces the swelling.
- Treats gynecomastia – liposuction removes the excess fat found under men’s breasts.
- Removes lipomas – benign tumors or lumps made of fat.
- Corrects lipodystrophy syndrome – a disorder when the body is unable to maintain or distribute fat in the body in an even manner. This leads to some parts being bulkier than other parts of the body.
Liposuction only removes fat:
It does not remove cellulite (a type of fat that occurs in the hips and legs that makes the skin appear lumpy or rippled) and stretch marks. It’s also not a treatment for obesity.
A reputed cosmetic clinic like Apollo Cosmetic Clinics gives you guaranteed results and minimum bruising and swelling. Our experts understand that everybody’s body and its needs are unique. They will thoroughly examine you and suggest the best solution depending on your medical status. Your dream body is only an appointment away.