Botox & Dermal Filler Treatment & Steps of Procedure
As the skin ages, the production of collagen under the skin starts getting reduced. This leads to the skin becoming loose and losing its vibrant, youthful appearance as well as promotes the development of wrinkles. The loss of subcutaneous fat owing to the natural process of ageing contributes to the development of smile lines and crow’s feet on the face, especially in the area surrounding the eyes. At Apollo Cosmetic Clinics, we give our best to make you look your best beautiful, bringing you the most advanced beauty treatments from around the world.
What are derma fillers?
The skin cells known as fibroblasts form the protein called collagen which helps to keep the skin plump and young. Collagen also fixes and restores marred skin. As our skin gets affected by different skin disorders, including scars and wrinkles, the collagen in the skin is gradually destroyed.
Thus, fillers i.e. gel-like substances are injected into the scars in order to smoothen them. Different acne scars such as- rolling, boxcar and ice pick are efficiently treated with the help of derma fillers. They aid in softening the scars and with the passage of time, blend them into your normal skin. It can be used to treat moderate to severe acne on the cheeks of patients over the age of 21.
How do derma fillers work?
Derma Fillers aid in diminishing the appearance of the lines and wrinkles appearing on the face. They also help in restoring the volume and fullness of the face, thereby restoring the youthful appearance of the skin. Also known as soft tissue fillers, injectable implants or wrinkle fillers, derma Fillers are FDA approved procedures that help in creating the illusion of a fuller, smoother and youthful skin. At Apollo Cosmetic Clinics, we offer you some of the most advanced treatments and successful derma Filler treatments in the country.
What are the types of derma fillers?
A non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid, Restylane is a biodegradable filler that is approved by FDA. The Hyaluronic acid used in making the Restylane provides fullness and volume to the skin. It can be used for the medium as well as deep implantations. It corrects facial wrinkles and folds. It is also used for lip augmentation. It is more effective than the cross-linked hyaluronic acid derma fillers and the cross-linked collagen. It lasts about 9 months. The whole process gets completed in a single treatment. Restylane requires only a few injections, so there are little to no risks. The main side effects of the Restylane treatment include numbness, bruising, and swelling. However, these side effects subside within a few days. Your doctor may also ask you to avoid sun exposure and sunbath during the recovery period. People with a history of bacterial protein should not undergo this treatment.
Belotero is a filler made from hyaluronic acid. There are 3 formulations of Belotero that are used for the treatment. Belotero Intense and Basic are used to enhance the cheeks, lips, and other facial areas as well as for filling the deep lines. It results in the most noticeable visible changes as it is injected into the deep layers of the skin. The whole treatment takes about 30 minutes. Before injecting the needle in the affected area, the skin needs to be disinfected. Belotero immediately binds with the water within the skin layer and helps fill in wrinkles, lines, and creases. It is not recommended for upper cheeks as the skin is thicker in those areas. The side effects of this treatment include bruising, swelling, and redness. The result can last up to 6 months.
It is used to improve the tear troughs. It is injected into the hollowness under the eyes. Although it works for lips, nose, and mouth, it has the best result on the eyes. It is because of the less movement of tissues in the area. Only a tiny amount of filler is injected under the eyes. The whole process is easy and painless. A fraction is first injected into the patient. The remaining is injected in the next sitting. It helps give a more natural look to the skin. There are signs of redness, itching, discoloration, and bruising at the injection site which subsides within a week. You can wear makeup to camouflage these effects. The result usually last between 6 and 12 months.
What derma fillers can do?
At Apollo Cosmetic Clinics, derma Fillers are usually used to perform the following tasks:
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars on the body
- Plump thin lips
- Soften wrinkles, lines and facial creases
- Enhance the shallow contours on the face
- Aid in reconstructing contour deformities in the face
Who is eligible for derma fillers?
All individuals who :
- Do not smoke
- Are physically healthy
are ideal candidates for a derma Filler procedure
An important thing to keep in mind before undergoing the derma Filler treatment procedure is that the patient must :
- Set realistic targets of appearance post treatment
- Maintain a positive outlook post treatment
How do I Prepare for derma fillers?
Our expert at Apollo Cosmetic Clinics will first conduct a thorough examination of your skin and confirm your candidacy for the procedure. A customised Derma Filler injection plan is then created in order to match the patient’s unique needs.
- The patient is advised to avoid smoking as well as avoid the use of anti-inflammatory drugs and blood thinners for some weeks before treatment.
- Your expert at Apollo Cosmetic Clinics may also conduct an allergy test so as to make sure that your skin does not suffer from an adverse reaction to the derma Fillers.
- It is highly recommended that the patient inform the dermatologist at Apollo Cosmetic Clinics about any history of allergic skin reaction so as to make sure that the reaction is not triggered during or owing to the derma Filler procedure
- The patient should also avoid wearing makeup when he/she walks in for the derma filler procedure as these might cause certain complications during the procedure.
What happens in a derma filler treatment?
At Apollo Cosmetic Clinics, we make sure that you receive the best-in-class treatments and results from the Derma Filler treatment procedure.
- The dermatologist begins the procedure by numbing the area that is to be treated with the help of a tropical anaesthetic.
- The derma Filler is then injected into the skin in the dermis as well as the deep dermis layers of the skin.
- The procedure usually takes around 20 to 30 minutes for completion.
What is the recovery time after derma fillers?
Recovery from the derma Filler treatment usually takes around two to four days.
- Patients are advised to avoid rubbing the treated area for at least a day or two post the treatment.
- Our experts at Apollo Cosmetic Clinics also recommend avoiding exposure to the Sun.
- Routine skincare and makeup procedures may be resumed five days post the administration of the derma Filler injections.
In some cases, follow up treatments may be advised by our experts at Apollo Cosmetic Clinics, especially if the extent of the problem that required the treatment is very high to begin with.
What is botox treatment for skin?
From fixing those fine lines to controlling excessive sweating, there are many benefits of Botox injections. The toxin is produced by the microbe that causes botulism, kind of food poisoning. As people age, repeated facial expressions wrinkle the face and simultaneously reduce the levels of elastin and collagen, causing it to sag. Botox treatment for face boosts production of collagen and elastin, which make your skin tight, firm and flexible. Beyond aesthetic applications, it is also used to treat some medical conditions such as bladder and bowel disorders, muscular disorders, migraines and excessive sweating.
Why is Botox injection required?
As aforesaid, Botox blocks chemical signals that cause muscles to contract. Botox injections may help you treat-
- Wrinkles– Botox injection cosmetically removes wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing muscles and treat certain muscular conditions. Botox is injected into muscles, where it blocks nerve impulses to those tissues. It relaxes the facial muscles that cause wrinkles such as forehead furrows, crow’s feet and frown lines between the eyebrows.
- Eye twitching– Botox is FDA approved to treat eye muscle problems. It helps relieve twitching of muscles around the eyes.
- Bladder– Botox injection will help restrict the bladder’s rate of constriction and the speed of urethra to eject urine.
- Lazy eye– Botox can effectively improve the appearance of the lazy eye by lifting the brow and lid above a lazy eye.
- A migraine– Headache or a migraine is caused by stress in your shoulders and neck. Botox can treat these muscles to remain in a relaxed state. It has been extremely successful in reducing headache frequency if you are experiencing migraines for more than two weeks a month. There are no side-effects of this treatment, whereas medications may have a host of side-effects.
- Excessive sweating– Botox will seal some of the pores and paralyze over-active sweat glands, thus giving you control in sweating.
- Muscle contractures– Botox injection can relax muscles in some neurological conditions such as cerebral palsy where it causes your limbs to pull in toward your center.
How is Botox injection given?
Botox injections are administered by trained medical professionals. First, the areas to be treated are cleansed with a non-alcoholic cleanser. It is further directed by diluting the powder in saline or liquid as Botox comes as a crystalline substance from the manufacturer. Your doctor uses a thin needle to inject the small amount of Botox into your muscles or skin. The injections take about 10 minutes and have no downtime afterward. It takes about 3-4 days for Botox to take effect as it needs time to disrupt the synaptosomal process. It may take 5 days or more in rare circumstances. Doses of Botox should be spaced at least 3 months apart.
Is Botox injection painful?
Needles used for Botox injection are very small, so there is minimal pain during the procedure. Your doctor may also numb the area using a topical anesthetic cream 10-15 minutes before the procedure to make you more comfortable.
What happens after Botox?
Botox treatment is usually done in the doctor’s clinic. You can get back to your normal routine after the procedure. Make sure that you do not rub or massage the injected area as it can cause toxins to migrate to the different area. You may be able to see the results after 2-3 days of treatment and the effect may last longer (up to 3-4 months) depending on the problem being treated. The muscle activity will gradually return to normal as time passes. So, you will need regular sessions to maintain the result.
What are the side effects of Botox injection
Botox injection is safe when performed by an experienced dermatologist and risks are minor with this procedure. Possible side-effects are-
- Eye dryness and droopy eyelids
- Allergy reaction such as bruising, bleeding, and redness
- Cockeyed eyebrows
- Flu-like symptoms or a severe headache
- Muscle spasms or twitching
- Pain or swelling in the treated area
Who is not a good candidate for Botox?
FDA has approved Botox for people aged 18 to 65. But, you should avoid it if you-
- Have drooping eyelids
- Have weakness in your forehead muscles
- Have had facial surgery
- Planning to undergo surgery
- Have asthma
- Have a skin infection in the treated area
What should you know about Botox treatment?
- Using this medication more often than prescribed will not make it more effective, but may result in serious side effects.
- Do not undergo Botox injection from more than one medical professional at a time. If you have to do, make sure you tell your new doctor about your Botox history.
- Side-effects of Botox are temporary and you may look normal within three months after an injection.
- Your body develops antibodies to the Botox after repeat injections, leading to less recovery time.
- Shave your underarms a day before you are scheduled for excessive sweating Botox injection. Also, do not use a deodorant or perfume for a day before injection.
An experienced dermatologist knows how to avoid side-effects such as numbness or swelling, which underscores the significance of finding an experienced doctor. Discuss your medical history and if any vitamin, medications or supplement you take as some combinations could cause serious side-effects. Botox should not be used for people who have a previous allergic reaction to the drug, pregnant or lactating women.
How much Botox injection cost in India
Many people argue over the treatment cost, but if you accrue the amount of money you spend on monthly facials, then Botox cost is much lesser. Moreover, it’s about enhancing your self-esteem and self-confidence by improving your facial appearance. Most people get surprised when they hear about the cost of Botox. You can get your full upper face including the forehead, crow’s feet and the frown complex done, which would cost you Rs 15,000 to Rs 18,000 per session. The crow’s feet only will cost you Rs 6000 -Rs 7000 per session and provided that it needs to be repeated in 6 months that comes around Rs 1000 per session.
Why Apollo Cosmetic Clinics?
At Apollo Cosmetic Clinics, we have a team of the best cosmeticians and surgeons in the field working at your disposal. Our highly trained doctors and support staff have years of experience working in the field and will give their best to ensure maximum results for you. With the most advanced equipments in the country, Apollo Cosmetic Clinics gives you the best in class facilities and treatments to help you look your best beautiful.
1) For how long does the effect of the derma Filler procedure last?
The effect of the derma Filler injections lasts for about a year.
2) What are the long term effects of Botox?
Immediately post the Botox treatment, the patient may develop flu-like symptoms accompanied by headaches and nausea. In some cases, the patient may notice drooping eyelids, but this usually goes away in a couple of days. The procedure can take up to an hour if it is a full session of injecting derma fillers for acne scars. However, in most cases, it may take 10-30 minutes, depending upon the area to be treated.
3) What can I expect after fillers?
You will immediately see the results of derma fillers after the treatment. The results typically last from 6 months to 1 year.
4) Who is not a good candidate for fillers?
You should not have derma filler if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have an active infection at the injection site.