All About Mustache Transplantation Procedure (FUE Technique)
Mustache is a trend that reflects a man’s masculinity for some. Unfortunately, many men suffer from lack of facial hair growth such as a mustache, due to genetic factors, surgery, injuries or burns, and laser hair removal. If you are one among them and is the one seeking for its solution, then mustache transplant is good news for you to improve your look.
What is Mustache Transplant?
Mustache transplant is opted by the men who have sparse or no hair near the mustache line. Keeping mustache is a fashion statement for some and for some is a mandate in their culture. Mustache transplant procedure helps to restore or gain the hair on the mustache line. It is performed by follicle unit extraction (FUE) technique; the grafts for the transplant are extracted from the back of the scalp and transplanted to the target site.
Who are the right candidates for mustache transplantation?
- Men who want a natural looking thick mustache
- Men who have patchy mustache
- Men who suffered from facial trauma
- Men who lost facial hair due to cosmetic procedures (face-lifts)
How is mustache transplant performed?
Mustache transplant is performed by FUE method. Firstly, the surgeon administers a local anesthesia to make the procedure painless. Then he/she would extract the hair roots from the donor site, most commonly from the back of the head. The extracted hair roots are then transplanted to the mustache area with the help of 7mm punches. You may have little swelling at the transplanted site for about 2 to 3 days. The transplanted hair falls off leaving the roots inside which initiates the hair growth naturally after a month.
Benefits of Moustache transplantation
- Minimally invasive procedure
- No stitches and scars
- Minimal post-operative pain
- Short recovery time
- Elevate the head to avoid swelling on the day one of the surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for the first two days after the surgery to protect the grafts from damage.
- Resume the physical activities after six days from the surgery.
- Protect yourself from sunlight for at least two weeks after the surgery.
- Begin shaving after eight days of the surgery.
- Do not wet the transplanted area for at least a week after the surgery.
After one week of the procedure, you will get the natural look. It may take 15 days for recovering after the procedure. After 6 months, you will experience the final results and by 12 to 18 months you can expect an intensive natural looking mustache.