Often, there is that little pocket of flesh or excess loose fat that does not respond to regular exercise or diet and refuses to give up its place. It is demotivating for someone who hopes to get positive results by changing his or her lifestyle but is instead suffers from this stubborn problem. In such cases, one may resort to liposuction – a procedure that suctions out excess fat and changes the body’s contour.
The different techniques of liposuction are:
- Tumescent liposuction: A solution is injected into the target area and the combination of medicines in it minimize blood loss by shrinking the capillaries and also numb the area. Then the fat is suctioned out through a tube connected to a vacuum.
- Laser-assisted lipoplasty: Laser energy removes the fat cells out. It makes the healing process easier.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction: Ultrasound energy breaks the fatty tissues and loosens them which makes surgery faster and easier.
- Power-assisted liposuction: A tool is used to cut through the fat, which makes it easier to remove.
Liposuction procedure is only for those who have fatty bulges in localised areas and good skin elasticity. The patient should be at a near-normal weight, and physically and mentally healthy.
Like any surgical procedure, liposuction comes with some complications such as injury to the skin or inner tissues, changes in the skin tone, risk of infection and clot formation and toxicity. This is why it is important to consult with Experts in the field and educate yourself about the procedure beforehand. In addition to taking precautions to keep these complications at bay, it is also necessary to stay in good general health so that the entire process doesn’t go in vain. Here are five tips to follow if you want to maintain the results of liposuction for a considerable period of time – even for a lifetime.
Tips to follow
- Maintain a stable weight through regular exercise even after the fat removal. If you gain weight after the procedure, the body stores the fat in other places, changing the shape of the body.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water balances your body fluids and controls calories, keeping weight in check.
- Follow a healthy diet and avoid fats and sugars. Eat more fruits and vegetables and less salt. Add starchy carbohydrates and lean proteins to the diet. Never skip meals, because it increases fat storing enzymes and decreases metabolism.
- Reduce stress, which can be a major factor in weight gain. Stress can lead to food cravings and binge eating, which leads to higher levels of insulin and increases fat storage. Stay positive and calm and avoid stressful situations.
- Follow the cosmetic surgeon’s advice. After the procedure, it is compulsory to wear a compression garment that reduces swelling and helps the body adjust to its new shape. Also, do not strain your body after the procedure and give it enough time to heal.
The key is to keep up the enthusiasm even after your body seems to be in perfect shape, following liposuction. For permanent results, continue having an active, healthy lifestyle as you did before the procedure. Health is not a one-time investment and consistent commitment can go a long way in maintaining the results of liposuction.
For the safest liposuction procedures and for proper after-procedure care and guidance, book an appointment with the Experts at Apollo Cosmetic Clinic here.