Needless to say, facelift is probably the most rewarding yet convoluted procedures for a younger looking skin. Although the results are often miraculous, the post-operative need to be followed diligently for minimizing the complications. Moreover, sustainable and long-term surgery results are only possible if the patient emphasizes on natural after-care remedies.
In the next few sections, we shall look at some of the facelift before and aftercare techniques which need to be followed. However, before moving any further into this discussion, we need to understand that bandages being placed, all around the face after the surgery is common and helps minimize bruises and swelling. Although the doctor offers an extensive post-operative care list, certain natural after-care remedies are expected to work wonders.
- The first and foremost step involves maximizing bodily comfort for the first 48 hours. Any movement of the head must take place in an elevated condition and the patient must initially rest on a recliner. One aftercare tip is not to bend the neck forward, at least for a week or two.
- For relaxing the facial muscles, it’s important to apply eye masks or ice bags, at least for the first three days. This approach helps minimize swelling and post-operative complications.
- Diet plays an important role in post-operative care and it’s important to start with a pretty light, liquid-centric one. The best natural after-care technique would therefore be to start with soups and proceed gradually.
- The entire body needs to relax for the first few days and sleeping postures play a significant role. While awake, it is important to flex the legs and ankles up and down, for at least 4 to 6 times, each hour. Moreover, it is important to refrain from turning the heads in either direction. It might unnecessarily pull the stitch lines and lead to unwanted scars. If the scars appear, it is advisable to opt for scar removal treatment, going into the future.
- The best natural remedies are those which involve restricted facial movements like yawning, chewing, talking, and even smiling, at least for a week.
- It is also important to prioritize sun protection for a minimum period of 8 weeks. The patient must not forget that the entire face is extremely sensitive after a facelift surgery. It is advisable to go out only after applying a strong sunscreen. The patient, if required to go out must also carry brim hats to avoid excessive exposure to sunlight.
- Bruises and scars might show up around the incisions. As a part of the post-operative care, one must diligently massage the affected areas with moisturizing cream. This eventually would soften the area and render maturity to an otherwise vulnerable skin; thereby helping individuals compare facelift before and after results with confidence.
What Aspects to Account for?
While we did mention some of the most effective, natural after-care remedies for facelift surgery, it is important to understand which aspects these remedial techniques are expected to cover. After facelift surgery, the patient must account for minor to major bleeding while trying to minimize the instances of swelling by avoiding heavy lifting and wearing elastic straps.
Although pain-relieving medications are prescribed by the surgeon, one can still counter the same naturally by minimizing smoking, consumption of liquor, and similar entities.
Facelift surgery is an invasive procedure that requires a considerable amount of time to recover from. The after-care techniques are therefore expected to minimize the possible complications like nausea, vomiting, pain, skin discoloration, scars, and swelling. Visit Apollo Cosmetic Clinics for best cosmetic treatment.